This is great news and may well be of use to some of you
The University is offering some free courses for businesses (or people looking to set up their own business) to help people develop their enterprise skills. The next one starts on 3rd of February and there are opportunities for future dates as well.
People wanting to get more information or sign up should contact Andrew Holmes via telephone (01482 465 429) or email (email@example.com).
You can get all the info here >> click << but a few highlights are:
Your questions answered – Information for people thinking about coming on the course.
This is a unique course in the Humber region. Unlike many other enterprise courses it is not about how to start a business and write a business plan but has been designed to facilitate enterprise skills so as to make you a more enterprising, entrepreneurial, and intrapreneurial person.
Who is the course for and what does it the cover?
- The course is aimed at anyone who wishes to become more enterprising in life or for work. It facilitates the development of a range of skills which are broadly categorized as being skills for enterprise as identified by the NGCE (the National Council for Graduate Employment). This includes a wide range of broad skill areas such as:
- Initiative taking
- Opportunity seeking
- Commitment to see things through
- Networking with other people at different levels
- Moderate rather than high-risk taking the ability
- Strategic thinking
- Negotiation capacity
- Selling and persuasion
- Incremental risk-taking
- High belief that you are in control of your own destiny
- Need for achievement
- Achievement orientation
- Living with uncertainty and complexity
- Having work under pressure
- Building know how and trust relationships
- Learning by doing, copying, making things up, problem solving
- Managing interdependencies
- Belief that rewards come with your own effort
- Belief that you can make things happen
- Belief in individual and the community
- Motivation to succeed
- Motivation to make a difference
- Ability to cope with doing something different to others
- Ability to see problems as opportunities
When is the course taught?
The course runs over six afternoon sessions dates for 2010 are:
- Wednesdays 3, 10, (17th or 24th) February and 3, 10th or 17th March
- course code U09O2MA
- Held in room LR13 in the Wilberforce building
- There will be six sessions from 3rd February onwards.
- Wednesdays and Tuesdays 21, 28 April, (Wednesdays) and 5, 11, 18, 25th May (Tuesdays)
- course code U0O9O3MA
- Held in LR9 Wilberforce building on 21 & 28 April and 5 and 11 May and then TR2 in the Brynmor Jones Library on 18 & 25 May
How do I register for the course?
You will need to complete a UFA registration form with your own details and the course title and code.
- You can download a copy of the registration form from http://www2.hull.ac.uk/IFL/cll/contact__information.aspx
- or call into CLL 49 Salmon Grove on the University campus to register,
- or ring us on 01482 465415 or email and ask for a copy to be posted.
If you are unable to call I in person with completed your form then please return it by post to A Holmes, University of Hull. FREEPOST (HU588), Hull, HU6 7BR